The Recommended Skills for a Cybersecurity Career Guide (ISBN 978-973-0-37813-9) is a resource for individuals interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity. The guide was developed as part of the “Building a network and a learning platform for raising the level of cybersecurity” project, which was organized by the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance (RAISA) with the help of the U.S. International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP).
Depending on your background, a certificate or degree in cybersecurity is a good place to start – providing you with a solid foundation in the principles of cybersecurity, in addition to a cybersecurity overview across a variety of platforms, programming and development, digital forensic investigation, specific technical skills, and more. The awe-inspiring guide and his authors provide insight into cybersecurity education and training essential to building a well-informed and competent workforce.
Liliana Mușețan, Head of Unit at the Council of the European Union
The authors of this guide are listed below in alphabetical order by last name:
- Costel CIUCHI, Ph.D., is a cybersecurity professional with significant experience developing public administration apps/infrastructures. He is a senior expert in the IT Directorate, General Secretariat of the Government (InfoSec, cybersecurity, interoperability), an external expert for the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA), and an Associate Professor at the University Politehnica of Bucharest; he conducts research activities in cybersecurity, decision-making, and risk management.
- Larisa GĂBUDEANU is a cybersecurity and data protection expert and a Ph.D. candidate at Babeș-Bolyai University. She has extensive experience in cybersecurity and data protection in a regional banking group, alongside her academic background in such domains. She also has a vast experience as a lawyer in an international law firm, counseling international clients and coordinating projects related to IT law and data protection matters.
- Maria GHICA, a University College London IT and Business Masters in Science graduate, is currently supporting and advising The Director of the Romanian National Cyber Security Directorate in defining and designing the cyber security operational and support processes, procedures, infrastructure, and organizational aspects, as well as drafting national and international cyber-related policies, guidelines and legal and regulatory initiatives, and is involved in multiple European-level cyber projects.
- Grațiela MĂGDĂLINOIU is a cybersecurity and data privacy professional with a broad experience in advisory and business ethics and compliance. She has been leading the Romania Chapter of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) for several years, aiming to grow the local professional community, build reliable solid, long-term relationships with regulatory and academic institutions, and partner with other professional associations.
- Ioan-Cosmin MIHAI, Ph.D., is a researcher and trainer with an experience of more than 18 years in cybercrime, cybersecurity, and open-source intelligence. He is a cybercrime training officer at the European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Training, an external expert for the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity, an associate professor at the Romanian Police Academy, and founder and vice-president of the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance.
The Recommended Skills for a Cybersecurity Career Guide is available online.