Sorin Stănică is the Head of the Crime Prevention Bureau, within the Research and Crime Prevention Institute of the Romanian Police. His main tasks are:
- to plan, organize, implement/coordinate the implementation of national/regional/local crime prevention projects/campaigns/actions;
- to represent the Ministry of Internal Affairs/ The General Inspectorate of Romanian Police/The Crime Research and Prevention Institute, depending on the situation, in national or international working groups, seminars, conferences or other working-level meetings/events;
- to draft and create crime prevention-specific materials and outputs – thematic films, audio, and video clips, posters, flyers, brochures, etc.;
- to represent Romania, as a substitute for the National Representative, within the European Crime Prevention Network – to participate in the meetings, to contribute to the elaboration of the Multi-annual Strategies, annual Work Programme, and thematic toolboxes;
- to prepare and coordinate the implementation of European crime prevention projects/campaigns; to assist the National Representative in preparing the participation at the meetings/events, by drafting the necessary written outputs (presentations, analysis, reports, etc.);
- to liaise with relevant national stakeholders; to manage any other work related to the network; to sustain public presentations and to participate in thematic debates;
- to cooperate with mass media, in accordance with the mandate entrusted.